Wednesday, August 6, 2014


Hey, I Got My First Follower!


I promoted my nascent blog to my friends on Facebook yesterday, now that I have a few articles to show them, and I just now logged in, curious to see what the views and other stats might show. Did they take a jump? Why, yes, they did! And not only that, I had views not just from my Facebook share, but from Google, which means actual internet traffic! Perfect strangers are reading my work! SEO, baby! And not only that, but I also had shares on G+ (I mean, besides my own)! And not only THAT, but I also have a follower, now--GemofaGirl! And it's true, she is a good friend of mine in real life, but the fact that she bothered to sign up and all was extremely cool. I don't know how to tag people in posts, but I guess she'll see this--thanks, Chickie! Friends are awesome.

As for the stats--I am a giant analytics nerd, and I  love how Blogger shows you where the views are coming from--I've never had that before, anywhere that I have written. I'm pretty happy with Google--now if I can just get the elusive AdSense on my blog, that will ice the cake. In the meantime, you early adapters can enjoy my content ad-free!

You can also find What's Good in Greensbroro? on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/Whats-Good-in-Greensboro-848569635208317/ . See you there!

Image from Pixabay http://pixabay.com/en/girl-hat-happy-laughing-face-cute-204327/

No comments:

Post a Comment