Tuesday, August 12, 2014



Greetings to My International Audience!


So, this is my first blog, and I'm still geeking out over all the cool little bells and whistles that Google puts on behind the scenes. My favorite part is all the charts and statistics that show where the traffic is coming from, both the websites that direct people here, and the actual countries where views originate. There is even a little map of the world showing which countries have people who viewed my blog posts, and it's color coded; countries who have provided so much as one view appear in a pale green shade, and it apparently gets darker as more views are registered. The United States, as you might guess gives me the predominant number of views, is a very dark green.

But hi, Poland! Or should I say, "Cześć!" You were the first country to give me love. I was surprised to see those 2 views, and even more surprised when a third was added!

And Canada, O Canada, you showed up next. So far you have only favored me with one view, but that's understandable--I do write about Greensboro, North Carolina, after all. But thanks/merci (everything has to be in both languages by law, right?).

And then Indonesia came visiting - welcome (Selamat Datang)! And just today, India and Sweden joined the party (आपका स्वागत है and Välkomna!, respectively), with one view each. You are just pale green, now, my friends, but maybe your shade will deepen some day, as we get to know each other better. If you keep visiting, you might want to plan a trip here to Greensboro to see all the cool stuff I'm telling you about!

You can also find What's Good in Greensbroro? on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/Whats-Good-in-Greensboro-848569635208317/ . See you there!

Image from Pixabay http://pixabay.com/en/map-world-globe-earth-planet-307405/
Translation provided by Google Translate and by my casual acquaintance with French.

2 comments:

  1. I admire your tech skills u r quite savvy with this blogging and your use of Google congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm gonna give Google the credit, though--they make it super easy!

      Delete