Sunday, March 8, 2015

Spring Blooms Will Show Up Soon



Ah, spring. Last night we set the clocks forward an hour, meaning a longer period of daylight in the evening (I know, I know; don't tell me the story about cutting a foot off the top of the blanket and sewing it onto the bottom--if it shakes out to the sun going down an hour later, the day is longer, mmkay?), and to me, personally, that makes even more of a difference than the warmer temperatures.

But the thing about Greensboro is that it gets really good in the spring. One of the things that always strikes me about this city is all the flowering trees, from the wonderful huge Bradford pear trees lining Holden Road between Hobbs Road and  Friendly Avenue to the wonderful landscaping of houses on Westridge Road. And all the spring flowers, as well, in the Greensboro Arboretum, the Bicentennial Garden, and even my front yard, where irises and azalea show off their finery every spring (pictured).

On a day like today, it's hard to imagine we had snow and ice just a few days ago and that I had to set the tap to drip overnight to ensure my water pipes wouldn't freeze. On a day like today, all I can think about is spring!

 You can also find What's Good in Greensbroro? on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/Whats-Good-in-Greensboro-848569635208317/ . See you there!

My own photo - all rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment